Friday, March 4, 2011

The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber...

The past 2 months I have gone through such a personal transformation. I don't see the world through the same eyes that I used to.... Everything is different and I feel I have a sixth sense of the spiritual sort. Nothing around me is really as it seems. Like Neo in the Matrix I feel like I've woken up from an oblivious state and I see things differently. I see my finances differently, my friendships, the culture in which I live, the people I've met in my world travels. Some Sara Groves lyrics come to mind:

"Something changed inside me broke wide open all spilled out
Till I had no doubt that something changed. Never would have believed it till I felt it in my own heart
In the deepest part the healing came"

I have found personal healing of the heart, but now I am so utterly aware of the painful and broken world around me. Though I am a follower of Jesus Christ I am not exempt from suffering or feeling physical, emotional or spiritual pain.

A mentor of mine shared the verse with me yesterday that really gave me added perspective. It is in the book of Romans verses 11-12 in the Bible: "The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here."

That makes sense. The world is in upheaval. natural and catastrophic disasters are happening every day on continents around the world, we are fighting unconventional wars in a region of turmoil and confusion. Is God still around and involved? Does he have anything to say about what's happening today? Yes, he most definitely is and I plan on finding out what he wants us to know and learn about the world around us. A lot of people are walking around as if we have 1,000 years to live on this earth. We don't. At best we've got about 50 or 75 total. There's more to life than what we see. Much much more....

Come on this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment