Sunday, September 2, 2012

Where life begins...


"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. So if you're feeling uncomfortable right now, know that the change taking place in your life is a beginning, not an ending." -Neale Donald Walsch

I am a very private person. My deep light and love for people of all shapes and sizes and from all backgrounds even masks the fact that I get my energy from being alone. Only those who have lived life alongside me know the amount of time I spend alone to balance my career, social life and ministry. My privacy is a comfortable place for me emotionally, but I have a story to tell. Whether you have known me as Model, Senior Class President, MTV Reality TV Star, co-worker, Prayer Group leader, Traveler, friend, acquaintance or maybe you know nothing at all about me... 

Social Media is an amazing tool of technology, but it is superficial and might cause you to believe that my life is very predictable and that success and adventure are all an easy flowing part of my life. It would be disrespectful to God himself to not share my journey of freedom. I am not the woman I am today because life has been super fun and a long “mountain top experience” with lots of new opportunities constantly coming my way. No one on Facebook or Twitter saw me curled up in the fetal position clutching my chest as if it would hold a broken heart together or the expletives in my prayer journal as I poured out my frustration to God about my teenage years... I have kept my struggles, spiritual revelations and past pain of deferred dreams a secret, but I want to take a flying leap out of my comfort zone and share some of it, so that it can help other women. I don't want my pain and mistakes to be wasted. Life is a battle to be fought. There are 2 sides: Light and Darkness, and there is no neutral ground. 



“The men and women who are truly filled with light are those who have gazed deeply into the darkness of their own imperfect existence.” –Brennan Manning


No comments:

Post a Comment