Monday, January 24, 2011

Men in Uniform


lol. I've been asked this question a couple times before for various reasons... At first, a part of me wants to be confused, offended or get defensive. I stop though and remember last week when I was running through the Times Square Subway station to catch my next train. My heart stopped when I noticed a big black duffel bag laying next to a pillar in the middle of the busy station. I started searching for "a man in uniform" and found one a moment later. Another frantic gentleman reached him at the same time and we quickly pointed out the bag to him. I didn't wait around, but hurried on. I know that there are those with evil intentions who want to "test" our system and see what they can get away with, BUT.... I can't help, but be fascinated when I think about the less than 1% of our population that takes the fight to the enemy overseas. Our Military. As I read, observe and learn more of what military life entails the more my respect levels rise for anyone who serves or has ever served. Yes, it's a frustrating War on Terror we are fighting, with sometimes painfully slow progress, but I grow in gratefulness daily to all the sacrifices that attribute to every safe bus ride or airplane flight I take. The more I know, the less I take that lightly.

Of COURSE I have "a thing" for men in uniform. EVERY American should.


Here's one simple way to show your support to soldiers who are far from home:


Other ways you can support the troops:
Fisher House Foundation (www.fisherhouse.org)
Disabled American Veterans Charitable Service Trust (www.dav.org)
The Veterans Northeast Outreach Center (www.northeastveterans.org)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete